Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A project or two

I thought I was getting better at this, but alas, it was a lie. Walk away from anything that says "project". It really means sit in the basement for years making me feel guilty. I blame it entirely on Tracey for constantly being inspiring and doing all these cool things with tired pieces of furniture. Plus, I have always wanted one of these old Aunt Bea kitchen cupboards. My mom has one full of her pretty green depression glass. I always hoped she'd get tired of it and give it to me, but it doesn't seem to be happening. (And I enjoy seeing it at her house.) So anyway, browsing around Craigslist I saw this . . . I think there are 4 layers of paint on it, and the last one is pretty bad, do you think the camo look was to hide its ugliness? I dunno. I was originally thinking of just sanding it and giving it a new coat of paint, but after examining it closely today, it is going to need a more serious bit of work, stripping. I also bought from the same gal, this boudoir chair - it looks like it has seen better days. I want to paint it white and put some really soft rich silk velvet fabric on it and use it for my vanity chair. Just a little project. Crazy. OK, stupid.



post signature

No comments: