Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sweet things


Valentine's Day. Another holiday. Already. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE holidays. Love, love, love them. Especially ones that include lots of chocolate. But, you barely put away one and there is another one. I read these wonderful blogs of women that create and beautify their homes continually and I am boring enough to just want to stop and enjoy something beautiful for a LONG time. There are still Christmas items sitting on my kitchen counter because I hate the idea of putting them in storage - they are so sweet and they make me smile. A long time ago a friend gave me a plug in bubble snowman light. I simply adore it. It will go away the next time company comes - but until then, it's Christmas in my kitchen and heart. OK, so back to Valentine's Day. After Christmas deals are so fun to me especially when I find an item that isn't all Christmas and I can enjoy it all year. Well, I found these two items, 80% off at Hobby Lobby, that fall into that category - but they look more like the love day than Christmas anyway. The tray is pink pink and the plastic bowl with it's striped plastic ribbon - are just happy. (It'd help if there weren't candy canes in it, huh?) I do enjoy pulling out my collection of vintage valentine's cards. I bought a huge stack from ebay (a seller worth watching!) and when they were finally perfectly arranged and the glass placed, it cracked putting it in the frame. (hey, you can't even see it in the picture. cool.) No matter - until I find another frame it stays and it is still adored.

Did you notice, hmmm? I did change my header for Valentine's Day! That took some work too - it doesn't matchie matchie the rest of the blog, but it is a nice change for a change. (I may need to buy a Thesaurus to sound and look more intelligent.)

post signature

No comments: